Have nothing in your house that you do not know to be useful, or believe to be beautiful. --William Morris

Thursday, November 13, 2014

We're Really Not a Crystal Kind of Household



These lovely glasses were a gift, and for that reason it's a little hard to part with them. But the fact of the matter is that these bad boys will be sitting in a cabinet for at least another 8 to 10 years before I feel comfortable letting them grace our dinner table.

Add to that the fact that my father trained me to only drink out of plastic (when I was about 12 months old, I bit down on a glass of water he was allowing me to drink out of, and a piece of glass broke off in my mouth, traumatizing him and causing him to give anyone under the age of 25 a plastic drinking glass ever after) and it's unlikely that these lovely tumblers would ever be in regular use.

As per Marie Kondo's recommendation with gifts, I am taking a moment to be silently thankful to the giver for their thoughtfulness, and I am taking a moment to thank the glasses themselves for being a representation of that affection. They have served their purpose in my life very nicely. They can no go on to bless a less rambunctious/paranoid household.

No comments:

Post a Comment